Single Cell Sorting and Isolation Platform
Single cell heterogeneity within a population is critical to its peculiar function and fate. Conventional cell-based assays mostly analyze the average responses from a cell population, without regarding single cell phenotypes. To better understand the variations from cell to cell, Creative Biolabs makes use of single cell multi-omics platforms and bioinformatic analyses to explore more detailed information for therapeutic options on precision medicine.
Your Partner in Single Cell Microdissection
As an experienced provider in single cell omics, we focus on the recent developments in single-cell sorting and isolation services, which include technologies, analyses, and some main applications. Our experts would like to summarize the potential of single cell isolation platforms, by which the precise isolation and selection of single cell from suspensions can be performed, and offer separate analyses of specific fractions of clients' material for valuable data.
Technologies for Single-Cell Sorting & Isolation
Single-cell sorting is used to separate cells from sample materials according to their type. They are mostly isolated relying on differences in size, shape (morphology), surface protein expression, and others. The standard protocol is to get viable, intact cells by mechanical or enzymatic dissociation and then capture single cells from the dissociated suspension. Based on the variety of principles, current cell isolation technologies are classified into two groups.
The first one is dependent on physical properties (e.g. size, density, electric changes, and deformability), with approaches including membrane filtration, density gradient centrifugation, and microchip-based capture platforms. The most beneficial physical property is single cell isolation without labeling. The second one is based on biological characteristics of cells, consisting of affinity approaches, including affinity solid matrix (beads, fibers, and plates), fluorescence-based method, and magnetic-based method, which are based upon cellular protein expression properties. As seen, our technologies including but not limited to:
- Fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS) - High throughput, high specificity multiple parameters
- Magnetic-activated cell sorting (MACS) - High throughput, high specificity, cost-effective
- Laser capture microdissection (LCM) - Intact fixed and live tissue
- Manual cell picking/micromanipulation - Intact live tissue
- Microfluidic platforms - High throughput, low sample consumption, integrated with amplification
- Other methods - Flow-assisted cell sorting, mouth pipetting, serial dilution, robotic micromanipulation.
Isolation Parameters & Single Cell Analysis
Isolating components from a single cell is the starting point for single cell multi-omics profiling, and generally can be divided into two steps. The first step is to select a single cell randomly from a cell population. The second step is to isolate multiple types of molecules from this single cell. The success of the first collection procedure is critical for preserving the accurate expression of DNA, RNA, and protein within the cell for downstream measurements.
Before initiating a single cell analysis, the isolate or identify single cells need to be done. The performance of cell isolation technology is typically determined by three parameters. Our current techniques display different advantages for each of these three parameters:
- Efficiency/Throughput - How many cells can be isolated in a certain time.
- Purity - The proportion of target cells obtained after the separation.
- Recovery - The proportion of target cells collected after the separation as compared to initial target cells in the sample.
Remarkably, we take advantage of low-throughput single-cell analysis techniques to detect specific molecular markers of single cells, such as immunofluorescence, fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), and single-cell PCR. These methods allow quantification of a limited number of analytical parameters in single cells. Our single-cell analysis is dedicated to being applied in many different research fields, including:
- High Viability: our strategies use gentle sorting mechanisms, with higher outgrowth and improved viability of a single cell.
- Sterile Microfluidics: we implement single cell isolation by disposable microfluidic cartridges in sterile labs.
- Easy-to-use: The software has powerful analytical features and the interface is easy-to-use which can guide users from sample to sorted cells quickly.
A cell is a fundamental unit of biological organisms. Thus, the isolation of distinct cell types is essential for further analysis and will be significant for clinical diagnostics and other biomedical applications. As a professional supplier in the single cell omics services, Creative Biolabs largely facilitates the precise sorting of single cells in suspension, even from tiny samples, and enables clients to accomplish a comprehensive molecular analysis of a specific single cell. Please don't hesitate to contact us to know more.